TIME YOU'D LIKE YOUR PROFESSIONAL TO SHOW UP.
WE'LL CONFIRM YOUR APPOINTMENT AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR PAYMENT ELECTRONICALLY AND SECURELY
AN EXPERIENCED, FULLY EQUIPPED PROFESSIONAL WILL SHOW UP ON TIME AT YOUR DOORSTEP
I've been using Orchid since last summer, working with one woman in particular and I honestly don't want anyone else! In fact, I have referred this company to a good friend of mine. What I love about them is the personal touch when it comes to making sure that my needs are met. The woman I work with in particular is detail-oriented and she leaves my home feeling clean, clear and peaceful.
There's a couple of occasions when they need to make a change to my scheduled cleaning, but they do their very best to message me right away, and we handle it. I will also admit that this 5-star review is because I'm working with a woman who I really, really like, and she's been coming to clean for the past 8 months or so. Back when I first started using Orchid, they sent me a different person, and that person did NOT do a good job - in fact, she created more work for me because when she cleaned, she re-positioned things in different areas, so I had to do some re-organizing after she left (she left pretty early) and I could have done a better cleaning job for free. So... this review is subject to change in the future.
As a business operation, they are organized and friendly, and I like the scheduling and payment system they use (I love automated systems). I have a busy schedule that requires bi-weekly cleaning as support, but I'm also a single woman who is pretty clean and organized to begin with, so the cleaning job they do is completely satisfactory - I rarely need a deep clean and they cover all the bases. Every now and then I will schedule an "add-on" if things get extra dirty (e.g. a fridge/freezer cleaning, stove vent cleaning, inside the cabinets, etc.). If this resonates and all you need is a reliable, good home cleaning service, I highly recommend Orchid!
Details: 2 bedroom/1 large bathroom apartment, roughly 2-2.5 hours cleaning time.
I used Orchid House Cleaning two times already and I would say they do the best job. I first started out with another company but they closed and I turned to Yelp to find another one. I fell upon Orchid, requested an appointment and was contacted with one right away. Two women came on the first visit and worked phenomenally fast, very thorough and organized well. I have to say I didn't even recognize my own space after they were done. They do a phenomenal job and I have a monthly schedule to up keep with cleaning. I do say that contacting the phone number for the business is not as efficient in scheduling an appointment. You usually don't get through but someone does call back after a message is left to schedule you. I'd say sending an email may be more efficient. Their rates are pretty affordable and I'd vouch to say they do a recommendable job.
I've hired them several times now and they very consistently do a 3-star cleaning job - no more, no less. On the one hand, they've definitely made the place cleaner than when they started, but they've missed SO MUCH stuff every time I've had to hire backup cleaners to clean up after them!
- The back office is generally very accessible ahead of time and day-of via text
- Booking is fairly straightforward online
- They've followed special instructions I've left for every cleaning job
- They've done a good job cleaning the stove, dishwasher, oven, and fridge
- They have definitely gotten the toilet area nice and clean
- They've gone above and beyond to clean out an apartment for a move-out cleaning - really appreciate them for that
- They've brought their own cleaning products every time, but not a serious vacuum even though they were supposed to - if they had a vacuum with them, then it was a little handheld one they fit in a backpack, because they certainly weren't carrying one. That's just not good enough for a move-in / move-out cleaning.
- If they can't reach it, they won't clean it. They don't have any cleaning tools for reaching far away things like the tops of doors, the top of the fridge, the top shelves in cabinets, etc - those things have been filthy after every time I've hired them.
- They don't know how to remove mold or mildew. From talking to the cleaners they've just tried using Clorox Wipes and/or scrubbing it off - what! The only thing that can reliably kill mold is bleach, and I tried to tell them that, but they thought Clorox Wipes and bleach are the same thing. Look, I know Clorox makes both wipes and bleach, but they are not the same product. But, since they don't normally use bleach I'm not sure I'd trust them with it - you have to be careful not to let it mix with any other cleaners and I'm not confident they'd do that.
- They are bad at removing construction dust from anything. If you're doing a move-in cleaning with them expect there to still be dust everywhere if it wasn't on the floor or the baseboards.
- They are bad at fine detail work. They don't really make note of problem areas ahead of time, they just seem to treat every cleaning job as more or less the same unless they run into any problems along the way. They miss a LOT of spots, and have even managed to track construction dust inside cabinets from their cleaning.
- They don't clean any vents.
Would I hire them again after so many chances? Ehhh, I don't know. You could do worse, but I think the quality of their work is lackluster.
I have used this company several times and they are very unreliable with time (appt is at 9 am and arrival is usually 1 hr later). However, we did not have issues with the service. The last time, they didn't complete the job. They did not vacuum the floors and when I followed up on it, the only response I receive was that they will notify them with no further follow up. I had to get a vacuum and return to the residence to finish their job. Days later, I received $20 reduced on my invoice but it does not take away the inconvenience created. I would prefer to go with a reliable agency.